Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Who is GALILEAN?

 

Acts 2:7

King James Version

7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, 

saying one to another, 

Behold, are not all these which speak 

Galilaeans?


It's wonderful being taught by SPIRIT.

He teaches me many things.

He reveals many things.


It's wonderful being "childlike".

It's exactly what JESUS commands.

That we have fresh minds, as born again.


It's wonderful being born again.

SPIRIT and Scripture teach me many things.

Such as these things I'm about to tell you.


I say all that only because I got tickled by something.

When I learned who the Galileans were.

Christian Answers tells me these:

-- It was used as a "name of contempt" as applied to the LORD's disciples.

-- All the apostles, except for Judas Iscariot, were Galileans.

-- It was one of the "names of reproach" given to the early Christians.

-- The last pagan Roman emperor, Julian the Apostate, made a law that branded Christians, "Galileans".

-- At the time of JESUS, the primary dialect of Galilee, was the Galilean dialect of Aramaic.

-- The accusers of JESUS detected Peter to be "Galilean":


When I read these, all the more I wanted to create this blog.

If you are Galilean, consider it a deep honor.

Anything that pertains to JESUS is an honor.

JESUS knew what believers would face.

He did say:

John 15:18-19

King James Version

18 If the world hate you, 

ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

19 If ye were of the world, 

the world would love his own: 

but because ye are not of the world, 

but I have chosen you out of the world, 

therefore the world hateth you.


Where is Galilee?

The next post will tell us more.


Image: Free Bible Images


MINISTRY in GALILEE

  Mark 1:1 King James Version 1 The beginning  of the gospel of Jesus Christ,  the Son of God ; The LORD's coming had been  prophesied ....